Thursday, March 4, 2010
1. Why are you making a big deal about it?
2. I want you to take your time and not rush.
3. __________ then it will be on my terms. *I'm completely blanking on this one.
4. Pray and see what happens.
5. I could use a maid.
6. Bend and then snap.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to packing, tomorrow my plans include Mardi Gras at Universal with Jess and Buck and Sunday, I want to ride a roller coaster!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
1. Pickles are quite disgusting; I can't understand how so many people love them.
2. I like being at home.
3. The snow is not going to visit us.
4. Southwest Florida is snow-free in nature.
5. It's 5:16 PM; that means I was just taking a nap; it's been a pretty lazy day off today.
6. True friendship is hard to find.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to packing my things, tomorrow my plans include picking up Noa and taking her somewhere fun and Sunday, I want to continue to have fun with Noa.
Friday, February 5, 2010
2. September seems like the longest month.
3. You can't help but love me .
4. You don't believe me; bring it on!
5. Where have you looked for your keys?
6. Your table is now available.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to doing nothing, tomorrow my plans include going away party/dinner for Alison :( and Sunday, I want to sleep in!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
1. Wouldn't it be easy if we could all just get along.
2. New and improved; now better than ever!
3. I love the taste of peanut butter...and chocolate.
4. It looks like a tornado swept by in the living room.
5. The first thing we're going to do is attempt to get organized.
6. DRIP drip, drip, drip; coffee's done.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with the fam at Olive Garden, tomorrow my plans include watching Sydney and Austin and Sunday, I want to work on crafting for swaps.
Friday, January 22, 2010
2. I'm in bed right now!
3. There is a cat sitting next to me.
4. Buy now and pay later.
5. It's time to finish what you've started.
6. It goes up in the air but doesn't come down.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to vegging out, tomorrow my plans include crafting with Mindy (doesn't that sound familiar!) and Sunday, I want to walk on the beach after work!
Monday, January 18, 2010
But on the bright side, I walked by the yarn department without even pausing! I wouldn't allow myself to even peek over there.
Friday, January 15, 2010
2. Starbucks is where friends and family meet.
3. All these years I was missing out.
4. The party began when I arrived.
5. The truth is that we have fun at work.
6. Mocha is what I remember most from that day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hanging out at Mindy's again, tomorrow my plans include a baby shower for Amanda and Aaron and Sunday, I want to have some more fun at work!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
I've never made a proper quilt before and I'm excited to start!
I just got home from my sister's house where I wrote the intital post and I took a quick look at my fabric stash. I think I have almost enough fabric to make either a pink quilt or a black/red/white quilt. Or I can stick to my original plan of crazy colorful scraps. Decisions, decisions...
Monday, January 11, 2010
I've spent the last year or so growing my hair out again. I had contemplated cutting it many times, but couldn't justify spending the money on it. I've been spoiled since moving to Fort Myers in 2005 and have been going to a super nice salon and spending way too much on hair cuts/color. Since 2009 was a financially tight year for me, I just let my hair grow and kept the color natural. Oh how I miss the red though!
After getting Roslyn (my Blythe) back in November, I had seriously considering cutting me hair to reroot her (hello...mini me!), but decided to donate the hair to Locks of Love instead. I couldn't seem to justify using my hair for a doll when it could go to a person who needs it.
I made an appointment for Dec. 23 and had 12 inches cut off. I have donated once before (Nov. 2007- 14 inches). So in total I have donated 26 inches in twenty-five months....not bad!
If you ever have to opportunity to donate your hair, I encourage you to do so. The drastic change in one's look is refreshing and you'll most likely get a free haircut!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
1. There are places I've never been, but want to go.
2. The cold will blow those clouds away.
3. Standing in the sun, waiting for my rocket to come.
4. Boy! oh boy.
5. He went out tiger hunting and had no luck.
6. It is very, very hard to keep my mind from wandering .
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hanging out with Mindy, tomorrow my plans include hanging out with Mindy and Sunday, I want to be well rested!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Last year, I had a lot of goals set for myself. I started off doing really well in the beginning of the year, but lost steam fairly quickly. I've set pretty much the same goals, but in addition to them I think that if I blog about my progress it will help me stay on track.
My goals for this year are:
*Write two blog posts per week (Friday Fill In and another)
*Complete at least 52 craft projects from stash (hopefully a pair of socks and a shower curtain will make it on the finished list!)
*Do not buy any yarn until after Easter (I stopped buying yarn sometime in October- so this is roughly six months)
*After April, I can only buy one skein for every two that I knit (But I'll gladly accept gifts of yarn!)
*No purchasing fabric, unless I've sewn an equivalent amount
*Only participate in swaps that will help me to destash, not add to it!
*Destash other areas of my condo, so that my mother will get me new flooring!
*Read at least 25 books
*Save enough money to visit Tara in Honduras with Kate sometime in the fall!
Reading 25 books shouldn't be a problem. I know I read close to 50 last year, but I lost track sometime in late Spring/early Summer.
Saving money should be easier this year, because one of my major loans is almost paid off and I make tips at my new job. I better start brushing up on my Spanish!
The crafty goals are going to be the hardest, because I think I like buying craft supplies as much as using them! I completed 52 craft projects within the first few months of last year. However, most of them were with new materials. So far this year, I have completed two stash craft projects. I knit myself the Lavender Lace Beanie from the 101 Designer One Skein Wonders book in a nice slate gray color. I still need to get a picture of it. Today, I sewed this piano scarf as a belated Christmas present for my brother-in-law, Jay. It's the first sewn scarf I've made and I have to tell you, sewing a scarf is A LOT faster than knitting one! ;)
Friday, January 1, 2010
But in the meantime, here's my first post of the year...a Friday Fill In. :)
1. Last night I went to bed at eleven o'clock. That's the first time since I was a kid that I didn't stay up to see the clock strike twelve.
2. I want to fall in love this year. I've been in a hopeless romantic mood lately. You'd think I've been watching chick flicks, but I haven't. I just keep thinking about the book, Love Walked In, since I started working at a coffee shop.
3. The funniest thing is also sometimes the cruelest thing.
4. Ahhhh, yes...so where do we go from here?
5. He said this is this ; she said that is that.
6. The rocket's gone missing and it's up to us to find it.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to lounging in bed, playing on the internet, tomorrow my plans include sleeping in and babysitting overnight for Noa and Sunday, I want to knit a hat (for a swap)!